Foy Vance was born in the North Ireland town of Bangor, but his passion for traditional music was born in the southern states of America. As a child, Foy relocated with his father, a preacher, to the American Midwest settling in Oklahoma. With his father, Foy travelled the American South, widening his horizons and absorbing the rich musical traditions he was exposed to. Returning to Ireland some years later, Foy began writing his own music, deeply shaped by the sounds of his youth. Since those days, he has spent a considerable amount of time traveling the World, touring with the likes of Ed Sheeran, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Michael Kiwanuka and more. Foy also scored Oscar-winning short-film The Shore with David Holmes, and has had his music used in countless films and television shows over the last two years. A seasoned songwriter, Foy has written for and collaborated with a number of artists, including recent cuts on Ed Sheeran’s newest album, X. Foy’s first ever live album, Live at Bangor Abbey was released in February 2015 on Glassnote Records. The album features 16 tracks, all recorded at the historic Bangor Abbey in Foy’s hometown. Foy will spend much of 2015 in studio, writing and recoding the followup to his critically acclaimed Glassnote Records debut, Joy of Nothing.
– Foy’s new live album Live At Bangor Abbey was released February 10th through Glassnote Records. It was recorded in 2014 in his hometown of Bangor, Northern Ireland.
– His latest studio album Joy Of Nothing was released late 2013 through Glassnote Records.
– He recently performed at iTunes Festival alongside Ed Sheeran on September 29th, which also marked the release of his Feel For Me EP.
– Two songs off Joy of Nothing were playlisted on BBC Radio 2, and received stellar radio support worldwide.
– He performed at a number of North American and UK festivals this summer including Sasquatch Festival, Summerfest, Forecastle, Vancouver Folk Festival, Galtres, Victorious and 2 nights at Bangor Abbey.
– He wrote two songs for Ed Sheeran’s current album, X.
– Foy recently toured supporting NEEDTOBREATHE, Brett Dennen, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Ed Sheeran, Michael Kiwanuka, and David Gray.
– “The Shore,” a film scored by Foy and David Holmes won the Oscar for Best Short Film at the 2012 Academy Awards.
– Foy’s music has been featured on a variety of hit US television shows such as Fox’s House, The CW’s Vampire Diaries, Star Crossed, Arrow, and Beauty & the Beast, ABC’s Private Practice, NBC’sReady for Love, MTV’s Teen Wolf and more.
Closed Hand, Full Of Friends
Joy Of Nothing
You And I (Live from Bushmills Distillery)
– 34K + Likes
– 39.6K + Followers
– 6.8K + Followers
“An unbelievable voice…in the premier league of British songwriters.” – The Sunday Times
“The missing link between Richie Havens and Stevie Wonder.” – The Independent
“With bands like Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers paving the way for ‘folk’ musicians wanting to crack the mainstream, now could well be Foy Vance’s moment. With a touch more lyrical depth and a bluesier sound than the aforementioned champions of pastoral pop, Irishman Vance shares a knack for an open-hearted, foot-stomping chorus.” – The Sun
“Some artists get your attention on the first take. Some you have to listen to for a while before their music begins to grow on you. Irish singer-songwriter Foy Vance falls into the first category.” – The Guardian
“Convincing and constant warmth…..(Vance) gets the tone, tune, word and oblique bits of string—section counter melody all in harmony to come up with an R&B love song Al Green would be proud to cover in Feel For Me, the high—flying joyful memories of It Was Good, or the stoic memories of Paper Prince.” – Mojo
“…tub—thumping, soulful folk rock…..walks a line far more in tune with prime Van Morrison” – Q
- Foundations Artist Management
- Glassnote Records
- LABEL Glassnote Records Daniel Glass firstname.lastname@example.org 646.214.6000
- Clintons Solicitors
Shannin Porter & David T. Viecelli
- The Billions Corporation
- 312.997.9999 x8231
Justin Shukat & Marty Silverstone
- Primary Wave Music
BOOKING (WORLD EX. NA)
Josh Javor & Steve Strange
- X-Ray Touring
- Dales Evans & Co Limited